We are on the lookout for an assistant graphic artist who will be the perfect fit for the Cass Deller Design team.
At this busy stage of our business we are in the position where we have to turn away clients or work crazy hours in order to meet our deadlines. We also have some big, bold plans for our studio, and just can't do it alone. Therefore; after much thought and feeling, we have decided to hire a CONTRACT designer, and if all goes well (fingers crossed) there is the opportunity to extend the design role to PART TIME.
If you are interested in this position, or if you have a friend that would be interested, please thoroughly read the guidelines below.
THIS JOB WILL BE POSTED HERE UNTIL WE FIND THE RIGHT APPLICANT.
We cannot wait to hear from you!
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR OWN ESTABLISHED DESIGN BUSINESS.
Design Tasks will include:
- Formatting Documents in InDesign.
- Moodboard Generation and Logo Design.
- Stationery Design. Packing Stationery ready for shipping.
- Taking photos & curating for Social Media.
- Editing Images and Illustrations in Photoshop.
- Client Liaison.
What we are looking for:
- A junior graphic designer with a minimum of 1 year experience in the industry. We would also accept a graduate from Shillington.
- Someone who has a natural eye, gift, and passion for graphic art.
- Someone who is organized.
- Have excellent phone and email communication skills.
- Experience with systems and processes within the workplace.
- A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, is self-motivated, and is very responsible.
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to our team.
- Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Efficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (your knowledge of these programs is crucial)
- Experience in Stationery Design would be great, but not essential, as this is a large portion of our clients.
- Illustration and/or typography skills would be wonderful but not essential.
- Someone who values communication, feedback, and growth (personally and professionally).
Things you can expect from us, if you end up joining our team:
- How to become a successful graphic artist.
- The basics of using social media to grow a platform within a small business.
- How to contribute to and interact with a small (and wonderful!) team.
- Client and Vendor relationships & networking.
- How to work with and collaborate with other amazing brands.
- Constant feedback and encouragement.
- This will initially be a Contract Position for 10-15 hrs p/week, paid on an hourly basis.
- You must have your own ABN.
- Ideally (but not essential) we would like you to work from our Coolum Studio one day per week, and then the other days can be from home if you prefer.
- You must be available for weekly/fortnightly meetings at our Coolum Studio.
- You must live on the Sunshine Coast, or near the Sunshine Coast to apply.
- You must have your own Mac and your own up-to-date Creative Suite.
- Included in the final interview process will be a 'test job' for you to complete.
- We are not in a rush to hire, and we won’t if we don’t find the right fit for our team.
- If you love creating, and liaising with THE BEST clients, but hate the business side of the design world, you could be the perfect fit!
If you have carefully read all of the above and would still like to apply, please email though a cover email including a bit about yourself and why you'd like to join our team, along with your CV and portfolio (and/or current website) to email@example.com